Potterton Suprima 40

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have quite a few questions. don't know where to begin. not in the right order. Please excuse me if i ramble on. :eek:

1)? Lock out. Is this when I have The Temp on the Boiler up full (?should it be on full), the Heating in Constant on, radiators all cold after being on. and the red led flashing on the Boiler. (System is on because I can hear the pump running)
Once I press the reset It may come on. but then some times I need to switch between (ON Timed) and Constant again and then press reset before it starts again.

2) Pump running after the system has been switched Off or out of constant. (even up to 1 or 2 hours after it is switched over or out of timed) when I go to the boiler press the reset. the pump switches OFF.

3) after another SO CALLED Plumber changed my water system position, While this was being done the system ran dry, after realising this he striped down the pump and cleaned it(Great) but ever since there has been all sorts of problems, ? has the pump has been put on wrong direction and i think i am right because I get air in the system quite often, and need to purge it. IT Sounds like a waterfall after a while and when i have a cold radiator and the valve is in the off pos.
When I turn the rad on, it gets hot from the opposite side to the valve before the valve side gets warm.

4) while moving the hot water & heating systems tanks positions he combined the heat expansion pipes of those systems together, this caused problems further on when flushing the system, even though the Feed to both the cold water & heating system tanks was off. When Flushing I drained off the Cold tank????

(this 1 was obvious even to me) he even used a smaller feed pipe from the cold tank over to the hot water tank, so as to slow down the feeding of the hot tank, which now slows the hole system down when trying to fill a hot bath. and can cause an air block when running a bath, also the cold tank he installed was the same size as the header tank for the heating?

where do i begin. it has taken me an age's to even find out these

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the pump is switched live all the time. wireing fault. nuetral live. you need to get this part sorted. As for the rest :eek:

You need to send some pictures of the pipework around the hot water cylinder, and the tanks in the loft.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the pump is switched live all the time. wireing fault. nuetral live. you need to get this part sorted. As for the rest :eek:

Not sure on that. All Worked great before he moved the tanks up stairs. is it possible he has connected the pump up wrong. because i just keep thinking. If he put it on upside down then the flow of the water is in the wrong direction straight away. but then why would the pump overrun?
perhaps he connected it up wrong at the block. problem is i was not there when he done this work. I Wish I was. :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back