Potterton Suprima 40

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Potterton Suprima 40 wall mounted fan assisted balanced flue gas boiler. I need a new outer case because the current one has rusted. Is it possible to get replacement cases? The present boiler is approx 10 years old.

Sponsored Links
What case part are you wanting? The removable front cover or the back case assy? If its the main case then what with parts and labour I would consider a new boiler.

Its rusted on the top around where the water pipes enter/exit the casing.

Sponsored Links
I think you underestimate the amount of work which would be involved in moving the components into a new case even if one was available. If anyone asked me then I would probably be quoting about £350 plus the cost of the case.

I have seen those repaired with fibreglass as if it was car bodywork. But that is NOT recommended !!!

Most people would take the opportunity of replacing the boiler with a modern condensing one at a cost of about £1400 to give about 20% saving in gas consumption.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back