Potterton Suprima 50 Flashing Green LED problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Potterton Suprima 50 that suffered with the well known lockout problem (Flashing red LED).

I had fitted a new PCB (genuine part 5111603) last weekend and all has been well for the last week.

However this morning the unit has gone to a continuely flashing green led.

The manual states that a flashing green flashing led indicates "Boiler Temperature Control Satisfied" ???

The boiler will not fire, and every 5 mins or so the led changes to amber briefly clicks and then goes back to flashing green.

This boiler feeds a Boilermate 2000 and as I said all has been fine since the new PCB was fitted last week.

Could it be a sensor fault that it telling the pcb that a certain temp is being reached when it isn't?

Strangly enough this morning the main house circuit board tripped and when I reset the board the boiler fired up for about 30 secs then clicked out to flashing green again

Help!

Thanks

Kovo

Sponsored Links
you had the common fault with your old pcb and now you have the common fault with the new pcb. the pcb thinks the water is up to temperature when it isnt. check the relevant pump is running on your boilermate under demand.

if it is you could try and change the thermistor as its possibly faulty but ive seen this so many times ill almost guarantee its the new pcb at fault. take the new pcb back to where you got it from and claim it back as faulty.

ive not seen the new pcb with the old type fault.

the new pcb common fault is always the pcb thinking it is up to temp

Sponsored Links
Hi

Thanks for reply.

The pump in the boilermate is whirring away, but the boiler just sits there with its flashing green led.

The water is luke warm / cold.

I bought the pcb from a seller on ebay in late Feb (He is always selling boiler spares) but put up with the old one until I arranged for it to be fitted over a week ago.

The manufacture date on the side of the interpart box says 06/12/05.

Due you I think i could take the pcb up with them if I get no joy from the ebay seller?

Thanks

Kovo said:
Hi

Thanks for reply.

The pump in the boilermate is whirring away, but the boiler just sits there with its flashing green led.

The water is luke warm / cold.

I bought the pcb from a seller on ebay in late Feb (He is always selling boiler spares) but put up with the old one until I arranged for it to be fitted over a week ago.

The manufacture date on the side of the interpart box says 06/12/05.

Due you I think i could take the pcb up with them if I get no joy from the ebay seller?

Thanks

you have nothing to lose by trying

Hi

I had no luck with seller or manufacture, which is annoying as the PCB date of manufacture makes it less than 12 months old.

Anyway, a friend of mine with a Suprima 40 has also had a new PCB fitted to cure lockout prob, but the engineer told him to leave the temp control knob on the new PCB to about 3/4, not max.

I have tried this on my boiler and it has now been working a treat for the last 10 days or so!

I cannot seem to find any problems with the new PCB 5111603 posted so find this strange.

What impact would turning the control knob on the boiler to 3/4 and not max have when used in conjuction with a boilermate 2000?

Semi Satisfied Regards
Kovo

Kovo said:
Hi

I had no luck with seller or manufacture, which is annoying as the PCB date of manufacture makes it less than 12 months old.

Anyway, a friend of mine with a Suprima 40 has also had a new PCB fitted to cure lockout prob, but the engineer told him to leave the temp control knob on the new PCB to about 3/4, not max.

I have tried this on my boiler and it has now been working a treat for the last 10 days or so!

I cannot seem to find any problems with the new PCB 5111603 posted so find this strange.

What impact would turning the control knob on the boiler to 3/4 and not max have when used in conjuction with a boilermate 2000?

Semi Satisfied Regards
Kovo

ive not heard of that trick before but i personally wouldnt leave it at that.

as long as 3/4 gives you enough heat and water then it might be ok but to my mind if something isnt right it will probably break down at a later date.

i would change it for a pcb with no known defects but the end decision is yours of course :D

raden said:
There is no such thing as an original Suprima pcb with no known defects

you know what i meant smart arse

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back