Potterton Suprima 50 keeps going into standby mode

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Basically when it is supposed to come on in the morning it fails to ignite and leaves the red light flashing which I believe means "standby mode".

If I press reset it reignites (though not always first time).
When it does light up the flames in the window aren't blue like they used to be a while back but look green to me (though I am colour blind...)

Any ideas of what it probably is before the engineer sucks through his teeth and says I need the whole lot replacing...? :rolleyes:

Mark

Sponsored Links
The red light flashing, means that its in lock out (Fault) mode and therefore pressing the reset button clears the fault. Mine has the same problem and requires me to press the button once a week. Its worse for some people on this forum, who need to press it daily.

Its a common fault with this boiler and usually requires the circuit board replacing. Do a search and you'll get a better idea of the problem

Paul

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back