Potterton Suprima tripping out

Status
Not open for further replies.
unfortunately weve had problems wuth the fan in the old 100 models and this kit :confused: we did bring out some wiring to alter the connections but the boilers still kept locking out so the only thing to do is to put the new type fan in as well :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Thanks

Where about is the fan assembly on the boiler? Is it something that I can replace myself (with a little DIY skills) or do I need a Corgi guy ?

I have a Suprima 40, it will light first time and run for 10 -15 mins generally and the green light will flash to indicate up to temp.
When it attempts to relight you can see and hear the spark but the gas fails to ignite, it tries this 3 times and then obviously goes to lockout, if you reset it it will do the same time and time again.
If you wait 5 mins and reset it it will light first time again.
Anyone have any ideas?

Well after reading all of this I can't work out if we have the same problem or not.

We have a Suprima 80L and it has stopped working. However the red light is not flashing it is permanently on. Have tried resetting the boilr, and have even resoldered the dodgy joints (how the hell did that get past QC!!) - but still to no avail.

It sounds as if the gas is coming through, but it is not igniting, testing the voltage shows that there does not seem to be anything firing through on the ignition wires.

Is this a whole new PCB job or am I going to be able to fix it some other way.

Cheers in advance..

mbh

Sponsored Links
when you have got your colours sorted put them in here its easier than tell you the poem about rosie going off to birmingham which is how i remeber the resistor colour code.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Dead link there breezer :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

After months of deliberation and seeking advice, I have replaced the PCB on the above boiler. I had the same symptoms as most of the above (cut-out occurring daily with flashing red light).
I fitted a 5111603 board which I got from ebay for an unbelievable £95 (retail is around £220+vat). Board was brand new and came with detailed instructions. There were a couple of wiring issues which I sorted out quite easily. Fitted PCB in about 1 hour.

Boiler now works perfectly.

D.

Hi I have / had exactly the same problem with my suprima 60. It would go to lockout upto 6 times a day. (cold showers aren't nice this time of the year!!)
with the advice from this forum, i checked my PCB but didnt notice any cracks or dry joint etc so I just double checked all the connections (made sure they were secure)....and guess what,...it hasn't gone to lockout for 3 days now!
If it goes again, I'll perform a more detailed check to the PCB ie check with magnifying glass the soldered joints

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back