Potterton Suprima 50L not heating rads or HW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi my neighbour has this potterton Suprima 50 l controlled by a BP 2000 potterton programer to a Honeywell Y plan with cylinder stat and room stat mid position valve V4073A and of course a wiring centre.
She has only just bought the house and is an old lady on her own.

She was complaining of the rads not getting hot enough, and she was cold.
Being a qualified electrician, and feeling sorry for her, I offered to take a look. I found the system was a Y plan but having printed off the Y plan system wiring it was not wired correctly! I rewired it and also now included
the pump over run wiring and the HW Off wire to the boiler which were not installed directly to the boiler connectors before!

I now find the boiler will start up without the HW or CH being switched on?
On testing it would appear the CH connector on the programer is live all the time if the HW off wire is connected?
Also if both CH & HW is switched on and both stats calling when hot water reaches temperature the boiler starts cycling on and off but only the green LED is flashing every 2 sec and the red LED is off?

I have read lots of threads about Suprima and PCB, also sticking valves?
Is there anyway you can help me sort this for the old lady or do I have to tell her she will have to call in a potterton engineer which I know having just moved and found other problems with the house she can not afford! :cry:

Please Help
Johnboy60uk [/b]

Sponsored Links
Do you mean EP 2000.

Not alot of help but double check the wiring. Everywhere. Not difficult to put one wire in the wrong place and you get allsorts happening.

If rads wernet getting very hot what made you think it was a wiring fault? It usually isnt. Original fault probably lies somewhere else.

If the boiler cycles with when the HW reaches temp then problem could be down poor circulation the heating

Yes is a BP 2000 as per the instructions and installation papers.
A little square electronic programmer that fits in the front of boiler case.

The couple who were there when we moved in, he worked for british rail and did a lot of DIY including his own wiring jobs! After he left and before the woman sold up I had to sort out a lot of electrical errors. I also remembered his partner complaining about the central heating and saying Mark done it his self out of a book. So thought it was a good place to start.

I have checked and double checked my wiring 3 times and it is wired correctly as per the valve Y plan drawing for a 3 wire programer and switched boiler and pump wiring direct to boiler.

If it is not an electrical problem can anyone explain how to try and recify it for the old lady if possible? ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back