Potterton Suprima 50L. Orange status light flashing....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Firstly a big apology for the ignorance that follows I am pretty clueless at this kind of thing.... Over the last few days I have noticed my flat getting too cold. When I check the boiler it seems to be in a near constant state of a solid mix of all the colours (a bit red a bit green and a bit yellow) that flashes every three seconds. I am getting frustrated that the thermostat isn't kicking in and realising that there should be a call to heat. Looking at the manual it appears this status is either 'ext call for heat' or 'Air proving and ignition' depending on what colour the light actually is!! Sometime it belated realises it should be on and it flashes green and the pilot light kicks in and it gets warm again. Other times I have managed to get it on by turning the temperature from max to off and holding the reset button but I'm never been sure exactly how I've told it come back on. Do you think its on its way out? I'm a bit worried cause my landlady is about 123 years old and I don't want a prolonged period of a freezing flat. Many thanks in advance for any help advice.. ps:- Maybe I shouldn't be worried if there is no obvious red light flashing??

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back