Potterton Suprima 50L

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

Issues with my Potterton Suprima 50L (under a year old). It has the new PCB in it - which is protected from the heat.

It is still under warranty, but wondered whether any of you had an ideas.

When the boiler has been off (all day) and it is turned on, it will not light first time. It will light briefly and then cut out. It will then re-try 2-3 times, and then finally light. Also to note during this time, the gas inside is very jumpy and lifts quite a lot. Once it has warmed up a bit, it settles down and the boiler functions fine. It does not need to be reset and doesn't go to red. It just goes from flashing yellow/green back to yellow, and will then re-start itself until it can light. When it does stop, it shuts off the pump at the same time.

I have a closed CH system with a Grundfos pump and Myson control with an unvented water cylinder.

I've just had the thermal board replaced, but that hasn't done the trick.

Any ideas? I'd be grateful.

Cheers
Phil

Sponsored Links
Do you mean the boiler is under a year old and still under warranty?

Or the new pcb is?

How come you have a standard efficiency boiler fitted when it should be a HE version :confused:

Do you mean the boiler is under a year old and still under warranty?

Or the new pcb is?

How come you have a standard efficiency boiler fitted when it should be a HE version :confused:

Ditto

Sponsored Links
The boiler is under a year old and still under warranty. Don't know why it isn't an HE version? Should it be?

My house had a boiler installed wrongly - it died and needed a replacement. The developer had to fit a new boiler because the house was within the first 2 years - so this was what I got. It came in packaging, so it wasn't second hand ...

whats the serial number. Something like, aaaa123456789zz ?

Any boiler fitted 2 years ago should have been an HE version in theory.

BUT if the building regs were passed previous to the new energy efficiency regs coming into force and the site was started within 3 years of these being passed then it was legal to fit a standard efficiency boiler, but you got a raw deal out of it.

Well the house was built in 2004-5-ish but was the sales office, so the NHBC cover started in 2007 when the house was converted.

The boiler died because of a flue restrictor being added on a long flue, hence the gases codensing and flooding the boiler. It died when it fell apart of rust (huge rust hole in fan for a start).

Last November, the developer (I wish I could name them) replaced the boiler as it was proven that the installation was at fault. They then put in the Sprima 50L (It looks nothing like the pictures on the Potterton website of the Suprima HEs)

The new boiler is only 4 months old.

Can anyone tell me more from the sketchy details above? I am at work at the moment so haven't got the number.

Thanks in advance.

Phil

You could try Heateam Pottertons in-house service department.

The first thing they'll ask for is the serial number.

The first 4 numbers will determine how old the boiler is.

Major house builders and Potterton have a little known 'deal' and normally get 2 years warranty from manufacture date, rather than the normal 12 months.
If you can prove, when the boiler was installed and you name the house builder to Heateam, you might be lucky.

One more thing:

I have a grundfos pump: UPS 15-50 130? That'll make sense to someone.

I have 7 radiators (6 on one floor + 1 downstairs in the hall) - I'm in a first floor house. I also have a white Myson power extra - looks like some sort of valve.

The pump speed is set on 1 (was on 3 - but plumber changed it and said 1 was sufficient for a house/system of this size).

Is this right?

Under NHBC warranty builders are responsible for nearly every fault developing in the first 2 years of the 10 year warranty.

In your case this will be from when you moved in ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back