potterton suprima 60L boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My potterton suprima 60L has recently started misbehaving,it is taking no notice of the controller (Mini Minder e ) which has been tested and is good,the boiler can only be controlled by switching on and off at the mains,the only problem i've found is the motorised valve to the central heating is broken inside, is this the problem or should i be looking at the PCB,the boiler itself is firing up as normal without having to reset but as i have already said only by switching the mains on and off,would gratefully accept some good advice.

Sponsored Links
Can you expand on misbehaving?

You say it can only be controlled by turning the boiler on and off.

Does this mean that it is constantly 'on' when on regardless of whether the controller says it should be or not?

The fact that you have already found a problem with the valve suggests that this is very likely to be the problem. There is a microswitch in the valve. If the valve has broken in a position which has this switch held down then the boilder will come on all of the time regradless of the controller or thermostat.

The controller and room stat (or tank stat for HW valve) control the valve motor so if this has broken it would explain why the controller is being ignored.

OliverHill said:
Can you expand on misbehaving?

You say it can only be controlled by turning the boiler on and off.

Does this mean that it is constantly 'on' when on regardless of whether the controller says it should be or not?

The fact that you have already found a problem with the valve suggests that this is very likely to be the problem. There is a microswitch in the valve. If the valve has broken in a position which has this switch held down then the boilder will come on all of the time regradless of the controller or thermostat.

The controller and room stat (or tank stat for HW valve) control the valve motor so if this has broken it would explain why the controller is being ignored.

Sponsored Links
Changed motorised valve as suggested ,this did the trick ,my central heating is now firing on all cylinders at a cost of only £38 many thanks Driftus.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back