Potterton Suprima 60L PCB version?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey Gents and Gentettes

We have a Potterton Suprima 60L since the house was built in 2002 (19 years old now). We did have boiler cover from British Gas and they did at some point replace the PCB (2008) while we had an issue but I don't think it was the problem.

How do I know if I have the latest release of the notorious PCB? Which is the reliable one.

Lots of people say to keep the boiler as long as the PCB is the latest version. Or is it time for a replacement?

Thank you

Daren

Attachments

• Parts Guide 5111603.pdf
    56.2 KB · Views: 270
Sponsored Links
Looks square to me. Good or bad?

Can you suggest a replacement that might have similar dimensions that would fit in the same cupboard? If I have to replace anytime in anger I'd like a prepared quote/agreement.

27FB1CF2-D1B2-4203-AC63-4835B155E057.jpeg
362EAFD2-2454-4013-8400-C0B763FD4DD9.jpeg
EFAE5ED8-80E2-422D-A4AB-EC14BA24FBB1.jpeg

Last edited:
Another question Ian...

We have a Megaflo tank upstairs so will we need a SYSTEM or STANDARD boiler?

Sponsored Links
you have the replacement type of PCB, usually more reliable than the origionals but can still be a bit flakey, do you have a sealed system or an open vented system(do you have to top the pressure up )

OK you have a heat only boiler, means pump , expansion vessel and PRV are external to your boiler, if you want to replace it you can go with another heat only (sometimes called a regular boiler) or a system boiler where the pump and EV and PRV are built into the boiler, you will need to keep the existing zone controls, if your boiler is working OK I wouldnt rush to change it, not a lot to go wrong with them to be honest

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back