Potterton Suprima 60L installation wiring diagramme wanted

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My central heating came on recently even when the CH at the programmer was off and the roomstat turned down low. I assumed that the Mid-position valve was opening for CH when the boiler was running for Hot water. I changed the actuator checking that the valve was not stuck or stiff. It moves about 25 degrees which is about the same as a new one.

I have bought a new roomstat but before I fit it I want to check that everything is wired correctly. I had a stat pack up before and decided to link the wires for temporary heat. It blew the fuse and my plumber told me I was lucky not to have blown the PCB. Why the stat packed up I don't know but the heating has never been controlled by the programmer so for years we have just lowered the roomstat.

I can't find the original wiring diagramme for the Suprima but the boiler has 5 wires and I would like to check they are all in the right place in the 12 slot block. Everything else checks out with the diagramme I got for the Lifestyle 522 Porgrammer. (Tank stat, MA1, RTS1 and Pump) Thanks.

Sponsored Links
if your ****erima has only 5 wires it is wired up incorrectly (a common problem) there should be 7 wires but i expect the nuetral and earth have been left out of the pump

4 way connector
neutral
earth
permanent live
switched
live

3 way pump connector
pump neutral
pump earth
pump live

i would think the problem lies in the pump overrun stat not switching correctly (again a common problem with these crates)

kev

Kev without actually seeing the boiler to check but it could well be wired correctly.

If there is a junction box, in airing cupboard say, and the boiler wired to this then you would only need 5 wires.

Permanent Live
Switched live
Neutral
Earth
Pump live

All the other wires are effectively dublicates.

kevindgas said:
if your ****erima has only 5 wires it is wired up incorrectly (a common problem) there should be 7 wires but i expect the nuetral and earth have been left out of the pump

5 wires are fine ...

the earth and neutral are linked above the terminal connection on the boiler. Pump earth and neutral can be picked up from the JB.

Sponsored Links
I have double checked the connections. The boiler only has five wires in the cable. Brown goes to 1, Blue to 2, Green/yellow to 3, White to 7 and Black to 10.
The wiring in the junction box is as per the diagram for the Lifestyle LP522 apart from the boiler as the diagram only gives three connections whereas the boiler has five.
I can supply a detailed drawing or a photo if it helps.
Thanks for such quick response.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back