Potterton Suprima 60L

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a new central heating system installed just 18 months ago which consisted of a Potterton Suprima 60L boiler. So far I have had nothing but trouble with this. It keeps over heating and tripping, I then have to keep resetting the boiler. After just 10 Months I had the circuit board replaced under warranty. It was ok for the next couple of months, then it started again!! I have now, today got potterton coming out again, to which I have been hit in the pocket for £209.00. This is to replace the circuit board again and to cover me for the next 12 months.

I can see from a few of the people registered that they have had similar problems. What was the outcome? i'd like any advice whatsoever? Could it be the way it was installed?

I do not envisage paying £200/year for a brand new boiler when I can get another make/model for about £500 brand new perhaps without these problems. I think I should just save up and get it replaced. :(

[/code]

Sponsored Links
Do what I done & rip it out & start again, after throwing money at a boiler for 4 years it was starting to get a bit silly. So when the board went yet a gain I replaced it with a Baxi Solo 50 (yes I know it's a potty under a different name but I got it cheap & I can get the spares even cheaper ;) )
At £140 for a board you're a 1/4 of the way to a new boiler.

Poxi Batterton have brought out a new Kit including PCB for the suprima. Hopefully it should be better. SAme price as the old board. Usually the old boards lasts several years - you've been unlucky.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Guys!! Well the Poxi Batterton guy came round and they are going to fit the new and improved PCB, so I guess i'll see how I get on.

If it starts again I think i'll take Keego's advice.

Cheers

Mangel :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back