potterton suprima

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm working in my mother inlaws house fitting a kitchen. Had to drain down to move a radiator in a wall being removed.
Did all the plumbing required and refilled system and bleed all rads and bleed valve by cylinder.
Now the boiler comes on for anything from 5 minutes to 45 minutes before green light starts flashing, wait 5 minutes then switches back to orange flashing been amg fires up again. I stuck some system cleaner in for last 3 days with it running intermittently s thought it maybe dirty but still doing it.
Weirdly of left of overnight it won't come on in morning and light goes red.

Sponsored Links
A Suprima that comes up with a red light in the morning isn't odd. They all go that way sooner or later.

System cleaner is a waste of time, it removes virtually nothing. Did you run the pump dry, have you bled it?

No didn't run it dry as the fused spur for the boiler was also on the same wall which is now gone and relocated the spur.
Bleeding all the rads took ages through, stupid 10mm pipe work.
Mother only moved in 2 weeks ago and since then 3 rads weren't getting hot. After lots of bleeding all the rads are now hot

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back