Potty Suprima 120

DP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need some backup from those familiar with Suprima 120 boiler.

I have a client with above boiler where the transformer has failed. Have a new transformer but am wary to replace as transformer driven components could have been the cause of transformer failure in the first place.

Have been in touch with Potty technical. Gas valve checks out for resistance as indicated by Potterton. The fan motor reads 0.8 ohms (a virtual short circuit) across the two outer connections. Potterton are unable to stipulate the resistance. My fear is the new transformer will go the same way if the fan motor is knackered.

Can anyone shed any light on what the actual resistance is? Could 0.8 ohms value be correct or did the motor virtual s/c be the cause of tx failure? Have been advised by Potterton to check 250mA fuse but this will (I am almost certain) supply the drive circuit as opposed to actual current to the fan motor.

Transformer is fitted (internally) with a 2amp fuse.

Posted elsewhere as well as in need of urgent backup. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Had a couple of trannys go down this year (No jokes please). Fan control board proballay shot as well.
Resistance on transformer 39 ohms on black wires and 0.008 on blue wires (approx)
Fan resistance sounds right.
Did you test red to blue and green to brown

Sponsored Links
Not one off Potty's best efforts (again)

Is it a 120L?

Dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back