Suprima 50 - no power to fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Potterton Suprima 50L which has had previous PCB issues but they were solved by resoldering the board and I haven’t had a lockout problem for >2 years. The bearings on the original fan went recently so I replaced the fan and the boiler was working fine. For about 48 hours. Now the green light flashes but the fan doesn’t start up and so obviously no ignition. I’ve tested the power going to the fan and it seems that it’s not getting power. Resistance across the fan terminals is about 40 ohms which seems fine too. Any ideas what could be causing the problem? A relay maybe? It must be related to the fan replacement but it worked for a couple of days and I’m not sure what else to check. Resetting doesn’t work. For a boiler with such a bad reputation it’s done us proud so I don’t want to give up on it for something that is probably trivial. Thanks for any help!

Sponsored Links
Sorry but forum roles prohibit us from advising you on any works inside the sealed chamber of the boiler, which you have accessed. You should now have the boiler checked by a competent person in accordance with Regulation 26.9 before it is operated again

Cheer muggles. That’s fair enough. For info I took the new fan off this morning and refitted it, cleaned up all the electrical connections, unplugged and replugged all the connectors on the pcb, checked the flue was all clear and gave everything else a general clean and it’s working again. I’m not confident that’s a long term fix though so it may be time to part ways with the Suprima soon.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back