Pound in biggest monthly fall against the dollar since 2016...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
It's pretty easy to read all about it - there are several factors

You may note one which is bad for them but it does explain the value increase rather well. The USA being more of a safe haven is a bit of a traditional feature however as I mentioned in another thread - the USA is likely to suffer less from Ukraine related problems.

Sponsored Links
This explains why the yen fell - investment is one aspect

Seems their fuel related inflation is ~15%. This may have something to do with that but don't know how they were managing without them
As of June 2022, 10 nuclear reactors at six power stations have been given the go-ahead to restart in Japan but only 4 reactors are currently in operation. Despite local governments agreeing to restart the reactors, some have not yet become operational due to the time required to implement safety measures and complete other construction work.

Interesting that a plant has several reactors.

I spent mine on wine. 25% off at Sainsburys if you buy 6 bottles or more. Cheers. (y)
You didn’t because Brexit red tape costs over £10b a year

oh and then there is the £100b cost of actually doing Brexit.

You didn’t because Brexit red tape costs over £10b a year

oh and then there is the £100b cost of actually doing Brexit.

Hic! Shay that again…
Are you having comprehension problems.
It seems pretty clear to me.
It cost $100bn to achieve Brexit, and it's costing £10bn a year in continuing red tape because of Brexit.

It cost $100bn to achieve Brexit,
This shows some effects by comparing with an averaged 22 advanced economies. It's also an indication of the countries performance up to covid, through it and since

It also mentions that the politicians are being rather quiet about it all.

So what happened in 2016?

Oh that's right...

"The last time the pound fell so much against the dollar was in October 2016, in the aftermath of the Brexit vote."

So what's happening now?

"Sterling sank again on Thursday morning, dipping below $1.16 on the currency markets.
Analysts said the fall reflects the darkening outlook for the economy, with consumers and businesses facing rising prices and soaring energy bills."

So if this is a worldwide problem, why is the UK being disproportionately badly hit?

Oh that's right, it isn't part of the largest trading bloc in the world and is thus more vulnerable...

What was the exchange rate before brexit?

I wonder how brexiteers are now spending that £108 that they paid the EU per annum without noticing? :LOL:
Swings and roundabouts.
What goes up can come down.
America is a making fortune out of flogging LNG to the Europeans at high prices.
Putin did America a favour by invading Ukraine, with the Russians excluded from the market, the Americans have the EU by the short and curlies.

Are you having comprehension problems.
It seems pretty clear to me.
It cost $100bn to achieve Brexit, and it's costing £10bn a year in continuing red tape because of Brexit.
I can’t say I remember paying out any extra. Did you? How much did you contribute then and how?

Anyway, you’re based in France, aren’t you?

I can’t say I remember paying out any extra. Did you? How much did you contribute then and how?
You're talking nonsense, as usual. How much extra did you have to pay out for the Covid relief fund?
How much extra will you have to pay out for the energy price relief fund?
Hoe much extra did you have to pay out for HS2?
How much extra did you have to pay out for the new Elizabethan line?
How much extra did you have top pay out for the two new aircraft carriers?
How much did you have to pay out for the Carbon Capture Programme?
How much did you have to pay out for the schools rebuilding programme?
How much extra did you have to pay out for the SKYNET programme?
etc, etc.
:rolleyes:

You're talking nonsense, as usual. How much extra did you have to pay out for the Covid relief fund?
How much extra will you have to pay out for the energy price relief fund?
Hoe much extra did you have to pay out for HS2?
How much extra did you have to pay out for the new Elizabethan line?
How much did you have to pay out for the Carbon Capture Programme?
How much did you have to pay out for the schools rebuilding programme?
How much extra did you have to pay out for the SKYNET programme?
etc, etc.
:rolleyes:
**** all.

Again, how much did you pay and how?

LOL Well be probably do own that. Ideal candidate for privatisation. We could rent it as needed then.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back