Pound in biggest monthly fall against the dollar since 2016...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t say I remember paying out any extra. Did you? How much did you contribute then and how?
So financially, the Brexit argument was a waste of time.
...as was the immigration thing.
...as was sovereignty.

Brexit - utter pile of shizen.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Are you sure? Isn't he a Brexer like you?

Yes I am sure actually, he isn't a ***t. I have many friends who are remainers who are not ***t's, I've many leaver friends who are not ***t's.
The fact is, being a ***t isn't necessarily linked to being a remainer or leaver, in my circles it tends to encompass groups of both sides who can disagree, argue or laugh about it.

So what happened in 2016?

Oh that's right...

"The last time the pound fell so much against the dollar was in October 2016, in the aftermath of the Brexit vote."

So what's happening now?

"Sterling sank again on Thursday morning, dipping below $1.16 on the currency markets.
Analysts said the fall reflects the darkening outlook for the economy, with consumers and businesses facing rising prices and soaring energy bills."

So if this is a worldwide problem, why is the UK being disproportionately badly hit?

Oh that's right, it isn't part of the largest trading bloc in the world and is thus more vulnerable...

What was the exchange rate before brexit?

I wonder how brexiteers are now spending that £108 that they paid the EU per annum without noticing? :LOL:
How's your beloved Euro doing then? Oh yeah, shît. With more shît to come!

Last edited:
Another random Tourette’s post. Take your meds and get to bed.
You have repeatedly stated on this forum that you desperately wanted Brexit and did not care about its effects on the UK. Fudge all random about it.

I'll never stop repeating (well, at least until somebody does something about it) that all our present money woes are the result of the £400 billions of money printed (some say It's closer to £500 billions) to pay for the covid fiasco. The pound has been severely devalued, and this is why you now need more pounds to buy the same things you bought before covid.

What to do about it? Kick out every MP, obviously. That won't happen of course, but I'd start by getting back covid money from those who received it, starting with the "fifty granders". Living, as I do, in a vibrant, multicultural area, I hear stories every day about "businessmen" who claimed their £50,000 and spent it on drugs and prostitutes.

Fraud of the 50k business loan was abundant throughout the country.

Its' curious that the title of this thread is not entirely correct. What has actually happened is the value of the USD has increased because more are being bought. As it has increased many currencies will have appeared to have fallen.

The bad aspect for most is that the USD is a major trading currency so if needed they will cost more bought via other currencies. However as a for instance the UK has

Foreign Exchange Reserves in the United Kingdom decreased to 184043.27 USD Million in July from 185229.72 USD Million in June of 2022

I'll never stop repeating (well, at least until somebody does something about it) that all our present money woes are the result of the £400 billions of money printed (some say It's closer to £500 billions) to pay for the covid fiasco. The pound has been severely devalued, and this is why you now need more pounds to buy the same things you bought before covid.
Covid is reckoned to have cost the UK £70b. Seems that the current fuel prices supports are likely to cost similar- maybe less.

The point you are trying to make just isn't as simple as that. Go read about financial easing on a factual website rather that taking in garbage purely based on the words increasing the money supply - just how many GBP are there ? You'll find figures for bank notes but good luck with the rest. You may find numbers for the USA - more outside the USA than in it.

I've already posted why some currencies appear to have fallen in value and that is factual. Also links that explain that.

It's not easy to spot that a currency value has really fallen. With a USD value shift like this there is need to compare the exchange rates to see if one particular currency has fallen more than others. The yen may well have - I posted a link that explains why it may have. Their debt to gdp ratio is also out of sync with other countries. Ours actually is viewed as ok. The acceptable levels have crept up over time. Germany manages to retain older levels. Few countries do.

Then to add more to your confusion go look at various countries foreign currency reserves.

This page may be of interest too - debt noting when the banking crisis occurred. F'd up taxation and wage support system probably figures.
The forecasts on that page are horrific.

The idea that you can simply print the money you need has been given the respectable title "Modern Monetary Theory" and it was first used in Britain by Gordon Brown. The trouble with it is that, once you've done it, you have to keep doing it, and so each chancellor after Brown has done it, even the supposedly conservative ones. A truly conservative government would never do this, because implicit in the word conservative is being careful with money - if you can't afford something, do without it.

Covid is reckoned to have cost the UK £70b.
Go read about financial easing
It's all nonsense trying to justify nonsense. You cannot magic money out of thin air, which is the impression that you and your dishonest governments are trying to give.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back