Power Craft router table

Yes it's a bit puzzling isn't it ? believe me I've pushed down the machine as hard as I can and as far as it will go until the spring covers are tightly compressed ........must be something else

Sponsored Links
IN this pic:

It looks like the depth stop is hitting the yellow knob.

Can you try removing either the stop or the knob?

or rotate the depth stop a little

Checked that and it's just the angle the pic. was taken from that is giving that appearance.The locking head is clearing the stop by a good 1/8 inch.

James 49. You are a star and your photographs were a real godsend. I am now off to have my 10th attempt to mount the router to the table. Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Well stephenowenthomas, If you succeed please let me know how you did it . Thanks

Hi Stepheninkent

I hope you see this as I have just bought one of these tables second hand.
I wondered if you still had the manual that came with and if you could copy it and email it to me please?

Hi,

I thought it was the wrong router for the table as it most certainly won't fit. I can use a b&q router on it. This is simply to big to fit into the recess. Surely 3 of us can't be wrong. Can't find any way of contacting the manufacturers either. I find Aldi tools a bit like their food products. Some excellent and some only fit for the bin.

Hope someone can help us.

Here you go.

One Tooltec router table manual :)

Contact details on the last page.

Hi Mattylad,

thanks for the instructions, only trouble is the table we are talking about is Powercraft, although the manual pictures look identical I have to say.
The actual moulded shape on the underside of the table that the router base should fit snugly into, is definately smaller than the router base itself.

This is why it is such a puzzle. As I said in a previous post I can use a B & Q router with the table but not the one manufactured for it. Have to admit I ended up reluctantly asking a couple of mates to have a look and they came to the same conclusion that it doesn't fit and it's a bit weird.

I have used my micrometer to measure the internal size of the base under the table and also the size of the base plate of the router. The router base itself is 6.70mm larger than the table insert.

It feels like I have been ripped off by both Aldi and powercraft.

Ah well, thought they were all the same these aldi/netto tools just different brands.

Yep, I know it's a fairly old thread, but the Aldi table is still appearing on sale regularly and there are others around which, at up to twice the price, look absolutely identical.

Hi Mattylad,
The actual moulded shape on the underside of the table that the router base should fit snugly into, is definately smaller than the router base itself.

This is why it is such a puzzle. As I said in a previous post I can use a B & Q router with the table but not the one manufactured for it.

The Power Devil router (1/4") fits, but not snugly. Therefore, centering it up is a RPITA.

The Trend 1/2" does NOT fit. The cast rim that seems to be giving Powercraft router owners so much trouble acts as a stand off for bases that don't fit inside it. Therefore neither will the DeWalt, Elu, Metabo, Fein or any of the others using the same D base.

The router table isn't too bad though, with the following extra provisos:
The fence is not straight. If you put a straight edge along the face if it, the two sides of the fence cannot both be parallel to the straight edge, but fall away from it at the end(s)
This won't make any real difference for putting beadings on edges etc, but it means you can't use it as a jointer to cut perfectly straight edges for laying up wide boards from narrower ones. It can be fixed, but needs a lot of work and access to a jointer/planer or a lot of patience with shims and rebuilding.
Easier to make another fence.

The table is fairly light, and adjusting the cutter height will have you crying in no time as pushing the router up will just push the table up, and you'll need to put your chin on the table top, push the router up with one hand, lock it off with the other.
To get round this you will need a fine height adjuster which lets you screw the router up (tediously slowly) along its columns. Trend do one for the T5 which fits the Power Devil and all the other Chiwanese round-and-two-flats based routers. About fifteen quid, but absolutely essential, I'm afraid if you want to avoid inaccurate cuts and analyst's bills.
There are other options - take the router springs out or knock up a raiser from a plank and a car jack - but life's too short and after all, it's a cheap 'n' cheerful table.

hi guys,

just got one of these tables and router from ebay.

same problem!! i cant get the bit to come through the table far enough!!
it must be something easy but i just cant figure it out?

1/4" collet extension would probably do the trick but at £30 kind of defy the objective of buying cheap table and router from ebay lol. so any ideas welcome!!!

Well its fitted right.

So what is it preventing it going down further?

Not the depth stop or handles hitting?

It should go down, after all its the right one for the table.

Mattylad

Perhaps you are seating the router bit too deep in the collar, 20 mm is sufficient (no need to butt it up) this may release approx 5mm (depending on the bit size) which will bring you to the plate.

Hope this helps

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back