Power Craft router table

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
This is my first post as Ive been reading and searching the forum for information about router tables.
Ive just bought a small Power Craft router table and wondered if anyone else has one, as I'm having a problem putting it together. The instructions are not vey user friendly!

Sponsored Links
Welcome to the forum.

I don't have one of these (nobody else has replied yet).

Can I suggest you post your specific problem with assembling this table and see if anyone can take it from there?

I must say the instructions on the Powercraft website look like a model of clarity to me, but then I suppose they often do until one gets down to following them in practice.

If its anything like the Clarke table I bought it wont go together. I had to drill new bolt holes to get the fence to slide away from the cutter rather than over it. Then I had to do lots of modifications to get the router to fit.
Then when it was working I had to cut away the dust extractor as it kept getting blocked. It would have been quicker and cheaper to have built one.

hello seabreeze
This is also my first post, i believe that this router table is the same as i purchased from that famous foreign supermarket, and I also found it complicated to put together. However persist, as even though I still have a yellow knob left over it still works fine and for the £20 notes I paid for it is fantastic. I have since used it to build 2 bi fold internal doors and a wine rack from left over timber. Do what I did, throw out the instructions and just put it together the way it looks right1 You never know it just might work!

Sponsored Links
I bought one of these tables too and agree that the assembly directions are pathetic. What I ended up doing was using a magnifying glass to view the box and pages of the user guide to get a close up look at the assembly pictures and I got there in the end. I'm now quite happy with this tool to make picture framing. :LOL:

what bit of it is hard to figure out?

While it may take ages to put together, the basics of putting it together should be fairly simple.

Let us know what bit your stuck on & we can explain it for you.

I built mine, had a play then took it apart & put it back in the box, so you could say I'm experienced :D :D

Hello Everybody,I have bought a Powercraft router,router table and bits after a while I managed to assemble the said items only to find the bit does not reach through the hole in the table no matter how you adjust the router,there is what looks like a extension collet in the box of bits but how do you fit it? any help would be most welcome

Hello Kazza, Got the same problem. Thought it was me being a bit thick !Hope someone can help !!

Router and Table are both Powercraft sold by ALDI. That's why I'm thinking it must be something I am doing wrong 'cos they are both from the same manufacturer so they must be compatable .........surely ?

Hmm, sounds like you are doing it wrong.

You put the router on underneath and hold it with the router support bars.

Can you post a close up pic of the underside with yours fitted?

Hi Mattylad, Thanks for your help ,sorry Ihaven't replied yet with the photos ( been away for a few days ) .will do that a.s.a.p. and put them on for you to see.

HIi Mattylad, pics. as requested.the ones with the cutter bit showing above the level of the table is when the router is fully compressed . hope this will help many thanks.......... James

Well its fitted right.

So what is it preventing it going down further?

Not the depth stop or handles hitting?

It should go down, after all its the right one for the table.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back