Power flush and new boiler replacement - £450!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on chaps, there are installers out there who will work for these rates.
Yes, but not fully legit, and manufacturer approved.
Chances are:
1. He is using a false name, or
2. It's a slam bam job, or
3. it's a wind up

Sponsored Links
[quote="namsag";p="1860146"]Can never understand why people who get so wound up about what people charge and slag them off and say job cant be being done right .

People go to work for money and if the guy wants to make sure he puts food in his kids mouths who is anyone to slag him off.

Oh and the big issue about that really expensive bit of the job actually registering it with gassafe yep a whole £2.35p now that must put at least a hundred quid onto the job[/quote]

Ok, NS, fair enough, we shouldn't worry about others, we should work hard at what we do. But it does annoy me when you get "clients" on here accusing guys that charge proper rates of profiteering. Our over heads as small business' is quite staggering, if you ever take the time to work it out. And most don't. properly. BG employees etc, doing PJ's are streets ahead of us in that they have no overheads, not even, sometimes, deisel.

My inclusion of the notification fee is not just about what WE pay, but pointing out that if the cheapo instaler was paying all the legitimate charges. he couldn't possibly do the work for those cheap rates. But those odd £'s do mount up. And he CANNOT offer the claimed extended warranty if he does not register it with Vaillant. If he is doing a PJ, he is mad to register it, because HMRC have long arms and prying eyes. So he's either lying or stupid. Or the OP is aliar.

The OP is on a wind up :) he's already posted before , he's useing a knocked off boiler , :D :D

Probably a joe 90 post or some one he knows !

Sponsored Links
Chances are:
3. it's a wind up

Sorry mate you need to be reported as a rogue trader.

There was a question posed on page 2 that said, "how can anyone charge £800+ for a customer supplied boiler" and how many responses have we had? ZERO!!!! Do you know why? Because a few of you are rip off merchants who rob innocent people like me and can only use the following comments to deviate from the fact you are thieves:

1. The op has a robbed boiler - not confirmed nor true
2. The op is using a foreigner
3. The op is using a cowboy who obviously is incapable
4. The op gets what he deserves - crap job for a cheap price
5. The op doesn't have a clue "it takes my slow fat a$$ 8 hours to fit a boiler so the guy who says he can do it for £450 is clearly not a proper gas registered worker"

You (some) can use all the excuses in the book to masquerade the fact you a bunch (some of you) a bunch of robbing ***** (rhymes with hunts)

The guy I am using is a gas registered valiant accredited fitter who will supply the GS cert and all documentation on completion of all works including the extension in warranty. I think that speaks for for itself regarding his competency with fitting a boiler. He will do all that for £350 (£450 with a PF).

So again can the thieves please answer the question from page 2 - how can any of you justify replacing a combi boiler with another combo boiler for £840 (does not include power flush) with a customer supplied boiler? Please don't give me the crap about petrol, lunch, packing gear into the car etc.

The guy I am using is a gas registered valiant accredited fitter who will supply the GS cert and all documentation on completion of all works including the extension in warranty. I think that speaks for for itself regarding his competency with fitting a boiler. He will do all that for £350 (£450 with a PF).
That's great. Let us know how it went, after it's finished and you've got the proper documentation and confirmation of extended warranty.

best wishes

Chances are:
3. it's a wind up

Sorry mate you need to be reported as a rogue trader.

There was a question posed on page 2 that said, "how can anyone charge £800+ for a customer supplied boiler" and how many responses have we had? ZERO!!!! Do you know why? Because a few of you are rip off merchants who rob innocent people like me and can only use the following comments to deviate from the fact you are thieves:

2. The op is using a foreigner
5. The op doesn't have a clue "it takes my slow fat a$$ 8 hours to fit a boiler so the guy who says he can do it for £450 is clearly not a proper gas registered worker"

You (some) can use all the excuses in the book to masquerade the fact you a bunch (some of you) a bunch of robbing ***** (rhymes with hunts)

So again can the thieves please answer the question from page 2 - how can any of you justify replacing a combi boiler with another combo boiler for £840 (does not include power flush) with a customer supplied boiler? Please don't give me the crap about petrol, lunch, packing gear into the car etc.
Well I gladly cant comment on that because I dont delve into the bottom end of the market with all the scavengers and rogue custards. I would love to see this pf done for £100, gotta be a gooden :LOL:
Do a fernox test and send it off, I bet you a grand it fails :cool:

My Engineers need to bring in £400 a Day I don't live in big house I dont drive a flash car In reallity i have less cash now that when i worked for a contractor! You must remember that prices Quoted are TURNOVER self employed live on PROFIT and at £150 for a poweer flush (Including Chemicals?!!) there aint no profit!! End Of! :rolleyes:

That's great. Let us know how it went, after it's finished and you've got the proper documentation and confirmation of extended warranty.

best wishes

Thanks John.

The other point I raised in the other thread was British Gas has an out of contract hourly rate of £80 per hour.

If we divide £840 by 4 or 8 hours the rate per hour in both periods is much more than what the experts charge

Now, I appreciate that smaller businesses have their overheads etc but IMHO if you have a business that can't compete with the likes of BG, then it's time to hang up your gloves and call it a day rather than duping customers into paying rogue trader rates.

I will let you all know how it goes.

My Engineers need to bring in £400 a Day I don't live in big house I dont drive a flash car In reallity i have less cash now that when i worked for a contractor! You must remember that prices Quoted are TURNOVER self employed live on PROFIT and at £150 for a poweer flush (Including Chemicals?!!) there aint no profit!! End Of! :rolleyes:

Truth be told I am a little weary about using him for a power flush but the price of a boiler replacement for £350 Is a no brainer, which is less than half the price that was quoted in the other thread (£840)

To actually list all the cost factors of RUNNING A BUSINESS would take pages.
But on top of business overheads you have fitting. Look up the screwfix site and see the cost of fittings , tube, chemichals, etc.

you are right in a considered and sensible discussion, this type of coment is not helpful, just tongue in cheek

2. The op is using a foreignerdidn't see that, so i don't know if he was reffering to a european, or a private job (known in some parts as a foreigner - I don't know why)
This IS often true
"

£350 for a STRAIGHT SWAP is doable £100 for a PROPER Powerflush definitely IS NOT - FACT

So again can the thieves please answer the question from page 2 - how can any of you justify replacing a combi boiler with another combo boiler for £840 (does not include power flush) with a customer supplied boiler?

I beleive ONE person quoted such afigure, and I don't think it was for a straight swap

Please don't give me the crap about petrol, lunch, packing gear into the car etc.[/quote]

I made those points because they are FACTS. A job timed at 5 hours does'nt actually only take 5 hrs. In addition to having a spot of lunch, in fact as an employee of my own firm, the law insists upon it, I have to visit the site for a survey, prepare a quotation, explain the quote and conditions. After the job is done, I then have all the paperwork to tie up. If you have a normal job, all you have to do is turn up, do your shift, and go home.

The OP is having a cash job done, so thers no 20% VAT. no Tax and no NI. |do the figures yourself.

£400 a day to survive? Don't talk such rubbish. A painter/decorator has the same overheads as you and brings in £120 a day. What planet do you live on? :rolleyes:

£400 a day to survive? Don't talk such rubbish. A painter/decorator has the same overheads as you and brings in £120 a day. What planet do you live on? :rolleyes:

NO he doesn't. He will use better quality brushes than a DIYER, but I suspect his entire vanful of kit costs less than ap/f machine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back