Power flush how much cost and is it worth it?

Ok you have a back up immersion heater does this increase the temp of your hot water cylinder at all?

Sponsored Links
Yes the hot water was running for the full 50mins then I checked the hot water thermostat and i lowered it and it clicked at 40 but it was set at 60, doesn’t ever seem to reach 60, also is there any benefit in a mega flow system or is it best to just change the tank for a newer one thanks

Oops sorry I forgot to check the immersion heater lol it’s unplugged I’ll check it tomorrow thanks

Sponsored Links
https://www.toolstation.com/stelstor-stainless-indirect-vented-hot-water-cylinder/p39966

This is your cylinder , so the cost of this plus the labour to install verses the cost to install a mega flow system

Plus don't forget your cylinder is in the loft so installing a system in your garage is going to involve a lot of pipe moving and upheaval associated with that .

Personally I like to keep things simple and if your heating is fine I would simply swap the cylinder and maybe buy a jacket for it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back