Power Flush

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Worcester 28Si11 combi. The rads are cold near the bottom and middle so I assumed that I needed them flushing out, Also noticed that the boiler fires up but doesn't stay on long, engineer stated that because the rads are choked up the boiler isn't circulating properly thus keeps cutting out. I also don't think the hot water is as hot as it should be. Quote for flushing has been as high as £700.00 for 9 rads. Looked at hiring a machine myself and really after researching the procedure the only things i don't understand are firstly can I flush with heat exchanger in situ?? and seen comments on switching from rads to hot water, how do you do this?
Any help much appreciated

Sponsored Links
Before you go hiring anything, have you tried balancing the system? It could be something as simple as a pump failure if all was well beforehand.

thanks for taking the trouble to reply. I think it has been building up for a while without me noticing. Had worcester bosch engineer out to check boiler system. They suggested getting rads flushed. so i am 99% sure its the sludge in system.
Thanks
David

To be honest Power flushing is over rated , you could do a chemical flush without a machine with similar results at a fraction of the cost, do not use sentinell X800 , X400 is what you need

Sponsored Links
will take your advice and use X400. By the way what is the difference.
Thanks
David

will take your advice and use X400. By the way what is the difference.
Thanks
David
X800 is very aggressive and if you dont get it all out it will eat your pump bearings and will pin hole radiators, x400 is milder and will neutralise through time if you dont get it all out

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back