power in shed

your summary seems correct to me. Boths sheds are securely fastened to the ground. The sheds have a 6 inch gap between them. I realise the cable would need to be protected. My questions would really be:
How should the cable be protected?
How do I run the cables, in terms of connections etc in existing shed?

Sponsored Links
fatbloke said:
your summary seems correct to me. Boths sheds are securely fastened to the ground. The sheds have a 6 inch gap between them. I realise the cable would need to be protected. My questions would really be:
How should the cable be protected?
For a 6" gap it really isn't worth going to the hassle of armoured cable - use some black PVC conduit.

How do I run the cables, in terms of connections etc in existing shed?
In exactly the same way as you would normally do so - do you know how socket circuits, and lighting circuits etc work? If not, you should look at the posts in the For Reference topic, and also go here: http://www.diydick.com/site-main-button-index-pages/electrical-menu-frame.htm .
You do need to think about mechanical protection in sheds - where and how does the existing wiring run? Is it in conduit or trunking?

Not too hot on the knowledge of circuits. but would I right in thinking that I that I can create my own lighting and socket circuits from the existing fuse box that I have in the shed? I was planning to use conduit to protect the cables.

I have looked at the web links that you listed and can see the lighting circuit stuff and socket ring mains so I am sure I can follow it all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back