Power Shower and Condensing Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Getting desperate to have a shower fitted now that I have a condensing boiler being fitted this week. I now need to know whether I can use a power shower with a condensing boiler. HAving already bought one shower that wouldnt work with a combi boiler I really wouldnt like to make another mistake.

TIA from a DIY moron!

Sponsored Links
Shower doesn't know whether the boiler is condensing or not.

But you can't use a power shower with a combi boiler. Is the condenser a combi?

Power shower will not work with a combi, You will have to fit a mixer valve and bring the hot and cold in 22mm pipe as close as you can to the mixer to ensure adequate flow

Sponsored Links
chrishutt said:
But you can't use a power shower with a combi boiler. Is the condenser a combi?

Yep thats the question that concerns me. I know the first power shower I bought with an integral pump said it could not be used with a combi. I had a back boiler which would ahve worked with it but that died before I got to fit the shower! Now we have fitted a condensing boiler nobody seems sure whether or not I can use a power shower or indeed the one I already have.

Bit more simple for you, do you have a hot water storage cylinder in the house?

chrishutt said:
fatboy said:
TIA from a DIY moron!
You weren't kidding!

Thank you very much for that observation. Having recently come from a part of the world where central heating is unneeded, showers are gravity fed and hot water is heated in a thermostat controlled tank this is all new to me. I was however hoping that I might improve my knowledge via forums - as I have done on all sorts of topics in the past from vehicle mechanics to software design. It seems that I will need to invest in a some good DIY books instead.

Many thanks to everyone for their assistance. I have found what I needed to know via the manufacturers web sites. I cant use this particular boiler with a power shower so it is off to buy a thermostatic mixer shower.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back