power shower connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'd like to connect a power pump to the entire pipework of 2 bathrooms. I propose to cut into the bathroom's hot supply and blank off their feed, then replace that feed with a supply from a flange in the hot tank through the pump to the bathroom.pipes. Similar for cold. Is this possible? If so what problems could I have? :?:

Sponsored Links
Someone using the loo or taps in the night will make the pump come on and make a racket. Timer possibly required.
2 showers off one pump? suppose you're in one and someone uses the basin in the other bathroom - you freeze, or go dry.
If you keep or change basin cold (& loos) to mains, no pumping, clean water for teeth brushing, quicker loo filling.

Many thanks for those points, ChrisR :) At least it seems it will work without too much bother. Loo and handbasins cold are already on mains so won't be affected. Might take risk :!: of someone turning hot handbasin on mid shower. It'll save a huge amount of dismantling and new pipework etc. If we switch pump off in airing cupboard after showering, will water to handbasins still flow through it by gravity? It's a Newteam 50 :?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back