Power Shower Mystery

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a Stuart Turner SHOWERMATE 2.0 Bar Twin Shower Pump. This pump does the job fine, and does not leak when in use, but when it is not being used after about 6 hours (usually at 4-5am) it starts dripping, gathering pace as time goes on. The drips seem to be coming from the bottom of the box at the hot water end.

Any clues why it should leak when NOT in use?

Sponsored Links
I can understand that as it cools down, things contract, and that may be opening up a weak spot. Strange that it take 6 hours though.

Well if you have a dodgy connection I would think things will always leak when not in use, as the pressure will be higher.

As for the delay is the water pooling inside the case or something before escaping?

Sponsored Links
Just checking.... The pump is connected to an open vented system? Both hot and cold?

If it was connected to the cold mains via, say, a pressure reducing valve or pressure equalising valve, that may let the water pressure in the pump slowly creep up if the valve doesn't shut fully.

Mains water pressure can increase at night as water consumption falls off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back