Power Shower pump not starting - Showermate 1.4b Twin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I've had some helpful advice from someone here before, I'm hoping to get some more if possible.

1. I can't find any filters, I've unscrewed all four hoses and have only found on the outlet side - a black plastic flap sitting in the pump.

2. I've established that it doesn't appear to be the Reed Valves - water is coming out of the tap and I can hear the switch click. I've also bridged S1/S1 - the two wires for the Reed Switch and hear the click but the motor still doesn't turn on.

Point 2 also points to the motor I think since its happening for both hot and cold at the same time - indicating the motor being the common denominator?

Is there anything I can check to confirm if the motor is starting to fail? Join a few wires up etc icon_biggrin.gif

Sponsored Links
You havent made it clear what is wrong, is water coming through the shower or are you not getting any power to the pump?

Hi,

The problem is the pump intermittently doesn't start pumping when you turn on the bathroom tap, flush the toilet or turn on the shower. Water still comes out but only at a trickle.

I think I can eliminate the reed valves because I can hear them click in when someone lifts up a tap (or when the reed valve senses water flow). And since it appears to be both cold and hot not working at the same time - I suspect its the pump motor itself? If so is there a way I can vefity that?

What do you think?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Not being a plummer I'm not sure how to eliminate air locks.

The pump sits on the floor, the hot water cylinder is beside that and the cold water tank is ontop of that.

If its been done right then you should have some air vents at heighest point on system for hot and cold from the pump,see if you have these fitted, possibly in loft and just bleed them of air as you would a rad.
Without knowing your set-up i can only give you limited advice.

How old is this pump?

It sounds like you have it connected to all fittings toilet, taps and shower. Therefore it does a fair bit of work. Correct?

Has it just suddenly stopped working or has it been progressive? Had it started sounding different when it was running?

Motor brushes could be worn out, it happens!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back