power shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi im fitting a new shower in the bathroom that requires pumping the downstairs shower can be upgraded. Im going to use a 2 bar pump but do i need to increase the size of the hot tank as its only a std gravity tank. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Please tell us what shower you're installing.

Please tell us what pump you're installing.

Please tell us what shower you have downstairs.

Please tell us what's wrong with the shower downstairs.

Please tell us what you're doing to upgrade it.

Please tell us where your bathroom is.

Please tell us where your hot tank is.

Please tell us what size of tank you currently have.

Thanks for your reply.the bathroom shower is a bristan calco ca shxdiv c
The pump i intend useing is a salamander ct75. The downstairs shower is aqulisa 609 thermo theres nothing wrong with it,just thought it best to pump both showers to give it a bit more pressure. the bathroom is upstairs on the same level as the hot tank. the hot tank is approx 1120mm high and 1400 circumfrince including foam insulation. Sorry i didnt realise so munch info required. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Typically good practice tells you to allow 25 gallons storage for both hot and cold per shower. Looking at diameter it would appear that you have a standard 25gallon cylinder so to pump both showers it would be best to upgrade it.
Alternatively you may have to allow some time between showers to allow the hot water cylinder to reheat

http://webstore.bristan.com/epages/...ectPath=/Shops/bristan/Products/"CA SHXDIV C"

the attached link will allow you to gain access to the fitting instructions for the Bristan product

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back