shower pump question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there im installing a new bathroom to an old system and i will need a shower pump.
also in the bathroom ther isnt much in the way of preshure. [ about 0.3 bar]
and the taps i wan to fit need half a bar.
i have aquired a shower pump. a salamnder rsp75,[ 1.5bar] an it is described as a shower pnley pump.
i will be putting it below the hot water tank, and also installing a salamder s flange.
so my question is this . will it work.?

i cant rase the watter tank any further sadley
but will the shower pump come on if there is only demand form the cold water side of things [ if you were brushing your teath ]
all paipe work will be in 22mm to the shower mixer and also the bath taps , and 15mm to the basin
any advise would be welcome
thanks

Sponsored Links
These shower pumps have flow switches on both sides so yes it will come on when either supply is turned on. The RSP pumps, however, are designed as shower pumps where there is both a hot and cold flow. Salamander do a range of RHP pumps (whole house pumps0 which would be better suited to your situation. I'm not sure how much the RSP would suffer if you used it as you propose, but if there was a problem, I doubt whether Salamander would be interested in warranty claims.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back