Shower pump problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a shower with a pump (a small box bebeath the bath). It is salamder CT50.

It has 2 pipes going in and then 2 coming out. where they go in and come out they are connected to flexy hose type pipes.

Basically we are not getting any hot, only cold from the shower. The pump is fed from cold from the tank in the loft and hot from the cylinder behind it. the cylinder is fed from the tank in the loft.

I just add that other hot taps in the house are fine so the cylinder is not blocked or anything if that helps.

Why is this happening? Is the pump faulty? Is there anything I can do to check/resolve this problem?

Any help would be great :)

Sponsored Links
check the filter in the hot side of the pump.
its located in the supply flexi to the pump.

Ok, will try seco. Do i just turn the gate valve off to the hot water and then undo it.... should i expect a big gush ??

turn the valve off then run a hot tap

but have bowl handy when you undo the pump there will still be some water in the pipes ;)

should i expect a big gush ??

only if he is right
lol-022.gif

Sponsored Links
what do you mean only he if is right?!

I have turned off the water and opened the hot tap downstairs at lowest level.

Now to undo the pump.... is this just a screwed joint?

ok, sorry, i have remoed the hose and the filter/mesh looks ok, not clogged or scaled up at all. i got a bit wet, about 1/2 a cup ful but had a few towels down (the mrs good ones though.... i'm gonna be in the dog house now unless i dry these sharpish)!

i have replaced the hose, will these be watertight again (if the pump gets going again)!

what else could this problem be please? anything else i can check?
thank you for helping btw.

should of checked you had flow down to the flexi while it was off.
hold it over a bucket and open the valve enough to check the flow through the hose.

as kev said the shower may have a filter blocked or check valve stuck.

checked and the water come through the hose into a bucket. seems a good flow no blockage or anything. so the problem has to be in the pump body then?

check the pumps working on that side and not seized.

then turn to checking flow from the shower.

sorry for my ignoarance, how do i check the pump is working and not seized? :oops:

flow from shower is ok on cold but not on hot.

you can run the pump with the flexi off just to check the pump is rotating.
you can useally see the prop down the hole.

or remove the end plate.

what shower do you have ?

shower is just a normal manualmixer type, aqualisa. not a thermostatic type.

i thought running a pump dry would burn it out?/damage it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back