Shower pump problem

yes the gate valve was on again. i know i'm stupid but i'm not that stupid :p

just a poor flow if you can call it that :(

Sponsored Links
i must add: there is not much height between the bottom of the cold tank and the shower head (or: flexy into a bucket currently). so i guess this means poor head??

this is the reason for the need of a pump but it was here when i moved in and was fine until today :(

collapsed inside? inside of the pump?? how do i check that?.... or do you mean the hose, chekc if it is kinked/collapsed?

Sponsored Links
wheres the tank in loft or airing cupboard ?

the hose is collapsed.
is the flow less than you got when you checked the other hose ?

the tank is in the loft but not much height above shower head.

should i remove the other outlet hose and test into a bucket? to see if the flow is the same as with the faulty side?

the tank is in the loft but not much height above shower head.

should i remove the other outlet hose and test into a bucket? to see if the flow is the same as with the faulty side?

yes can do.

the tank and shower head won't come into it as we're checking the pump.

right, just checked other side (with gate valve on cold pipe from tank open of course) :LOL:

and the fine here is good, like it should be.

so is it either a faulty hose or a faulty pump (hot side)....?

right colds ok.

when you took the hot off the supply side to pump what was the flow like compaired to the outlet flexi ? faster or the same.

then the hose is faulty or a block in the pump.
try swopping the cold/hot flexi.
or push something through the flexi or hold it out straight you should see through it.

the flexy looks good, no blockage in it. have looked through it now several times. so is the pump at fault ? not kicking in. :(

it don't matter yet about the pump the issue is the flow into the pump and out of the pump is much weaker. but why ?

the flow in was as normal but out was very poor, although when i put the outlet hose into a bucket at much lower level (floor level) then the flow gets a lot better. is this normal?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back