power shower?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to install a thermostatic mixer shower in a ground floor room about 3 metres from the hot water tank. Do I need to fit an external pump to achieve a good pressure or will the fact that it is on the ground floor give me adequate pressure. The cold water tank is in the attic. Would I also be able to break into existing hot/cold pipework or would I need to run seperate feeds

Sponsored Links
How high is the cold water storage tank in the attic to the ground floor for your shower? and when you say hot water tank I take it you mean water cylinder.

cassie said:
I am looking to install a thermostatic mixer shower in a ground floor room about 3 metres from the hot water tank. Do I need to fit an external pump to achieve a good pressure or will the fact that it is on the ground floor give me adequate pressure. The cold water tank is in the attic. Would I also be able to break into existing hot/cold pipework or would I need to run seperate feeds
The height is approx 3 metres and Yes I mean hot water cylinder

The height is approx 3 metres from cold water tank to shower head and yes I mean hot water cylinder when referring to hot tank.

Sponsored Links
You should be okay,the cold feed should come from the cold storage tank and the hot feed from the water cylinder for equal pressure.If you can, try and use 22m pipe as much as possible from the feed to the shower mixer for better flow/pressure.I have put in a separate cold feed from my cold storage tank (using tank connecter or T-piece) for safety,so if anyone turn on the taps you might find a quick blast of hot water into your shower.And finally why not put in a shower pump anyway,you won't regret it !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back