Power Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to install a power shower aboth a bath - is it ok to just t off the bath tap supplies or should I run dedicated supplies :?:

Sponsored Links
Quite. Wouldn't it be nice if everyone agreed on what "power shower" means! :LOL:

If your not sure what i mean read the box does it say what Kw the shower is? Is it a shower in the box or a small unit with 4 pipes off it?

Sponsored Links
I haven't even bought it yet, but I meant something like the Mira Event rather than an electric shower with a KW rating, or a separate pump for an existing shower. A self contained unit with a integral pump. Sorry i wasn't clear.

Basically I read somewhere they should be supplied by direct feeds from the hot and cold tanks. Is it true or can I simply T off the hot and cold supplies for the bath taps ?

Thanks for your help!

providing u have a low pressure cylinder u can take the hot from under the bath to boost it in that type of shower but u must check that the cold feeding the bath is low pressure under the bath & not direct off the mains.

I have used both types - a twin impellor pump (240v mains) under the bath T'd from the 22mm supplies in 15mm pipes to a wall mounted mixer valve. Luckily the wall was a partition wall so the pipework is hidden as it comes up nect to the bath. The electric mains must have an RCD trip.

In the other case, I installed an all in one unit (Showerforce2000) which is a low voltage system, needing a tranformer outside the bathroom. Unfortunately, this needed surface piping (T'd from the bath supplies) coming up the side of the bath and accross - not very nice but did the job. The pump has given up the ghost but did work fine for many years.

I think you can get away with connecting to the bath supplies provided the near bath& basin taps are not opened during a shower (and of course they are both low pressure).

So you are talking about a power shower. Right. Well what everyone else has neglected to ask is what size cylinder have you got?
If you do not take this into consideration you may find your having two minute showers as you will be left with nothing but cold water. They drain hot water cylinders fast.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back