Power suppressor bypassed??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm looking for a bit advice first of all I'm a complete novice I have a hotpoint wdf740 it blew fuse and went dead tonight eventually I seen burnt wires on power suppressor so I bypassed it after reading on another thread the way I done it was put the wires on an electric block first of all is this ok and second what does the suppressor do will my machine work ok I see you can buy plug in suppressors should I get one any advice appreciated

Sponsored Links
Forgot to add machine seems to be working now ok but as above what is suppressor for will my dit job of bypassing suppressor and putting wires in electric block be ok thanks just worried as live in home with family don't want it blowing up or something

Hi I see the link is for a new suppressor but like I say I have bypassed suppressor by putting the leads into an elictric block my question is there something I don't know about that I should worry about ie the thing blowing up a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing and I fall into that category I don't even know what a suppressor is does it just stop electric noise which might interfere with phone signals etc thanks

Sponsored Links
I don't even know what a suppressor is does it just stop electric noise which might interfere with phone signals etc thanks
That is one of the two tasks the suppressor does. The other is to reduce the risk of voltage spikes and other transient irregularities on the mains supply getting to the electronics ( if any ) in the machine and damaging them.

If I get a new suppressor does anyone know how I connect wires into in the pic I have attached the circled area is where the wires from the washer connect do they just push in or do I need a special tool I'm unfamiliar with this connection could see any screws etc?

Attachments

• $_3_1.jpg
    $_3_1.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 312
The suppressor comes complete with lead. No need to worry about connections of the blue wire.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back