power to outside shed

Sponsored Links
No - you need a proper permanent supply to the shed, probably buried armoured cable, not a flex snaking across the garden.

To run out the extension lead to do some thing in the shed and then pack away again is very different to leaving connected 24/7.

The problem is we all intend to role up and put away at end of job but we forget and over time it get covered with grass and dirt and next thing is it gets damaged and some one gets a shock.

To use what you have to power a battery charger to boost car battery where it may rain before complete is OK but where it may be left for weeks then no you need a more permanent answer.

You could use the option of a catenary (overhead) supply wire . See regs for height over walkways or vehicle access. Sometimes easier & cheaper than SWA (single wire armour) dependent on length & location & a lot less likely to pedestrian damage/or injury.
Hope this helps

Sponsored Links
thx for replies guys... I was thinking of straight out of a bedroom wall and across into the shed... about 10ft high and a run from shed to wall of about 6-8ft.. I have a friend who is a sparks gonna look at it tomorrow

Overhead cables will have to at least 3.5M from ground and possible 5.0M if there are any vehicles that have access to this area.

Last time I looked I could only find overhead cable heights for special locations like campsites. Can someone point to the regulations relating to heights on private property.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back