4 socket power bar connected to 1 socket extension lead. Ok?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all.

New to the site and this is my inaugural post :)

Just bought a Masterplug power bar with 4 sockets and two usb power connections. This one infact: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Masterplug-SRGU41PB-Charging-Protected-Extension/dp/B007TQNUG4/

Only problem is the lead is too short to reach my wall socket.

I therefore wondered whether it would be ok to connect the power bar to another 1 socket extension lead that would reach my wall socket.

I know daisy chaining isn't ideal but if I only use a 1 socket extension cable surely that would be ok?

I welcome your advice :)

Sponsored Links
Yes it will be fine. An extension lead rated at 13A would be best, and try to find one roughly the correct length for your requirements.

As long as you don't exceed the rating of any of the extension leads it's fine. Be cautious as not all extension leads are actually rated 13A.

Sponsored Links
I'm not going to preach, just be careful not to overload extension leads

that had a 13a fuse in it. Was still fully functional until I cut the plug off.

(Wasn't mine I would like to point out)

Well it's mainly going to be used for computer and mobile phone peripherals, which I believe only draw a small amount of power? No heaters or anything like that.

It's a pain I couldn't find a power bar with USB power connectors with a longer cable. Annoying. :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back