powercut and wireless CH thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - can anyone help?

we have a honeywell thermostat and wireless receiver and a Viesmann combi boiler

We had a powercut for 13 hours last night and today - the power went on and off a various points during that period with surges and so on.
Our boiler is working after the power came back on (providing hot water when the hot tap is opened etc) but we do not seem to be able to get the heating to go OFF - we have turned the battery powered mobile thermostat to the OFF position and have turned the separate thermostat detector which is wired to the boiler and wirelessly receives the thermostat messages off and on again but the rads are still getting hot despite the battery powered honeywell mobile thermostat being put in the off position

has anyone had experience of this before/ and does anyone have any suggestions as to what we could do to sort this or do we need to ring our local plumber?

Any help is gratefully received - its nice to be warm but I can almost see my wages seeping out of the house on the (too) warm air!!

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Thanks CBW that seems to have worked and has saved me a callout - tried turning the boiler on and off but that had no effect, no idea why I didn't think to do the same with the receiver ‍♀️ cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back