Powercut Waiting To Happen

Sponsored Links
This line at that point goes underground for a few hundred yards and goes overhead again i don't know if they will cut these trees or just the ones on our line.

Andy

Sponsored Links
Well the trees are now cut the power went off yesterday at 08:31 until 16:44 and not surprised it took so long as there was a lot to cut.

I had a walk and noticed electricity northwest had access to the property to cut the conifers so it's a good job well done.

So hopefully the powercuts will reduce in frequency anyway some photos before and after.

View media item 35207 View media item 35208
View media item 35209 View media item 35210
My thanks to westie 101 for his help and info.

Andy

It puzzles me why, when there is a perfectly good tree trunk from which to hang wires, the electricity people put a pole up next to the tree.

Well, er, erm, oooh. Did happen once that Iknow of after an incident in the east of the country, a line was "diverted" onto an adjacent tree after a pole snapped. Don't know how long it was like that until the pole was replaced!

My thanks to westie 101 for his help and info

No worries

Well, er, erm, oooh. Did happen once that Iknow of after an incident in the east of the country, a line was "diverted" onto an adjacent tree after a pole snapped.
Let's hope no kids tried to climb it....

Thats the trouble with kids they like climbing trees and if there are powerlines close to the tree we all know what can happen.

I learnt at a very early age how dangerous electricity was after nearly blowing myself up in the back of old valve radios/tv's that taught me to respect electricity as i am still here.

While i was taking photo's last night i couldn't resist taking this one of jodrell bank telscope 25 miles away.

View media item 35211
Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back