Powered Amp recommendations.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning all,

When I've been renovating, I put TV points in all my rooms and just ran the cables to the attic (I've used PF100 coax). I'm now ready to connect up the main aerial. I've tried a passive splitter as I thought the signal would have been strong enough but it obviously isn't so can anyone recommend a good Amp to install in the attic to run 8 TV points? I have electric up there so no problems there.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
just ran the cables to the attic

Did you put on F connectors or normal aerial connectors? F connectors give a better connection BTW.
Also, are you planning to feed Sky TV around the house and be able to change channels in any room?

If so, a Global LoftBox 8 way F connector type is what I've had for 8 years and is very reliable...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/global+"8+way"+loftbox

The cheap ones won't pass the "magic eye" signal for changing channels from other rooms.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
We need to know the signal level off the aerial to decide. If the signal is OK you need an amplifier that has little gain to each output.

BUT.

Since you already have an 8 way passive splitter which will have a loss of around 12 dB, a simple in line amplifier between the aerial and splitter with a gain of around 12 dB would be ideal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back