Powerflush and magnaclean filter

£800?

Powerflush with filter is £709inc vat

So, break it down,

Filter = £80
Fernox protector = £16
Pump Head = £50 ish?

So £146 for 'Parts'

That leaves £565, or £70 quid an hour. Dont forgot, this also includes all materials, so any pipes required when cutting out bloackages, rebalancing the system, and the lifetime guareentee. Yes there will always be someone cheaper, but no one offers the lifetime, nor will they offer a fixed price, even if something goes wrong.

I'm certainly not a BG fan boy, but, for the general punter and peace of mind, you pay for what you get if you ask me. If seen jobs were the customer gleefully tells me its been 'power flsuhed' only for me to empty a rad and what looks like oil comes out. When quizzed, they tell me no machine was used, but he did remove all the rads!!!!!
http://www.cheapcentralheating.co.u...n-leeds-guaranteed-powerflushing-for-245.html
I will give every one of my customers that want to pay me £300 every year a lifetime guarantee.
The powerflush should be included to start with.

Sponsored Links
£800?

Powerflush with filter is £709inc vat

So, break it down,

Filter = £80
Fernox protector = £16
Pump Head = £50 ish?

So £146 for 'Parts'

That leaves £565, or £70 quid an hour. Dont forgot, this also includes all materials, so any pipes required when cutting out bloackages, rebalancing the system, and the lifetime guareentee. Yes there will always be someone cheaper, but no one offers the lifetime, nor will they offer a fixed price, even if something goes wrong.

I'm certainly not a BG fan boy, but, for the general punter and peace of mind, you pay for what you get if you ask me. If seen jobs were the customer gleefully tells me its been 'power flsuhed' only for me to empty a rad and what looks like oil comes out. When quizzed, they tell me no machine was used, but he did remove all the rads!!!!!
** are a joke, they send engineers that have been turn into sales people to visit customers that trust them.
I went to a job today where the guy had been told he needed a powerflush for nearly £1000 , when I checked it just needed a new pump.

well its not, i never will be.

No insurance company will fix inherent faults for free before taking them on contract and why should they?

The t+cs state they sludge is not covered. As a goodwill, bgas will fix the first fault, then offer advice. If they advice falls on deaf ears and they leave it, and it fails, then they should, and are, charged for future water component failure until they remedy the situation. That doesnt mean using us to flush, they can use whoever they wish, but if we then come back and the water is still crap, then its fee time.

well its not, i never will be.

No insurance company will fix inherent faults for free before taking them on contract and why should they?

The t+cs state they sludge is not covered. As a goodwill, bgas will fix the first fault, then offer advice. If they advice falls on deaf ears and they leave it, and it fails, then they should, and are, charged for future water component failure until they remedy the situation. That doesnt mean using us to flush, they can use whoever they wish, but if we then come back and the water is still crap, then its fee time.
Yes yes you try and tell yourself that there good.
What about jobs where BG fitted the boiler ? I have been to loads of jobs while at BG where they have not been installed correctly and then the customers has Been charged for more work. Such as powerflushing.
BG are not the perfect company you are trying to make out, I worked there for many years and I know the truth, I left because I could not put up with the politics anymore.

Sponsored Links
Wait a sec, i never said they are perfect.

When bgas install a boiler, the sales man will ask if they want a powerflush and recommend it, BUT, the customer doesnt need to take it. A lot dont, as they see the cost and bump it.Thats fine, but dont cry when your later told it needs one!!!!

Bgas makes mistakes, as does every small/medium/large company. as we are taking about flushesimo its pretty good.

Wait a sec, i never said they are perfect.

When bgas install a boiler, the sales man will ask if they want a powerflush and recommend it, BUT, the customer doesnt need to take it. A lot dont, as they see the cost and bump it.Thats fine, but dont cry when your later told it needs one!!!!

Bgas makes mistakes, as does every small/medium/large company. as we are taking about flushesimo its pretty good.
If the job is installed correctly to start with it shouldn't need a powerflush a few years down the line. All boilers should be installed to man,s instructions.
I could give you some addresses of jobs that BG have done in the last 2 years that were not installed correctly.
In my opinion ** are a total rip off for powerflushing and engineers tell customers there needed when there not, to get out of jobs.
Also the engineers times continual gets cut to give them less time to Do the job correctly.

i can give you loads of addys were bgas have not taken on contracts becuase the current sys installed by an indy is installed wrong!!!. We cold go around in circles all day.

Again, back to powerflushing, we cant make a customer get powerflush, either when they are on contract, or, when they buy a new boiler. If they decide to get one, then so be it. If they dont, again so be it, but live by the sword, die by the sword.

i can give you loads of addys were bgas have not taken on contracts becuase the current sys installed by an indy is installed wrong!!!. We cold go around in circles all day.

Again, back to powerflushing, we cant make a customer get powerflush, either when they are on contract, or, when they buy a new boiler. If they decide to get one, then so be it. If they dont, again so be it, but live by the sword, die by the sword.
Back to powerflushing, don't use or trust ** always get a second opinion. ** are just as likely to rip you off as any local person, do not trust them because of the name, the name means nothing now, they are just an insurance company trying to earn as much money as possible.
All my comments are just my opinion as an ex BG service engineer.

so if bg say powerflush independent says unnecessary.

18 months later a pump or mv dies under contract bg can say FOff even if it a motor winding?

I see 4 maybe 5 genuine powerflushes a year... MAYBE.

Well said .....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back