Powerflush before new boiler?

This was a small sealed system. When I drained the system, the water was crystal clear.

I had to clean the magnets three or four times. It's amazing what you can get out of a seemingly clean system.

I wouldn't be Powerflushing Microbore though, I learned the hard way :oops:

There are many other methods to get your system/ pipework cleaned

Sponsored Links
Looks like a Norstrom bund to me.

Our experience in terms of damaging radiators using powerflush equipment is completely at odds with the ennobled poster. Maybe one in 1000-2000 develop a leak. Possibly less.

I have no idea why our experience should be so different - I wonder what Terry's view is?

Sponsored Links
Our experience in terms of damaging radiators using powerflush equipment is completely at odds with the ennobled poster. Maybe one in 1000-2000 develop a leak. Possibly less.

I have no idea why our experience should be so different - I wonder what Terry's view is?

Its not the power flushing that damages the rads but the chemicals used!

Generally non acidic like X800 and FB5 are unlikely to cause leaks.

But acidic like DS40 and FX2 are very likely to cause leaks although often just on valve spindles.

I used to chat to someone in Reading who ONLY did power flushing. He usually would only do rads less than six years old as he did not want to risk leaking rads and the ensueing replacement work.

Tony

A customer came back to me a year after I did a power flush, and that was all we did. He kept his boiler and everything else as it was and he said he saved £500 on his annual gas bill.

Strange that.

Looks like a Norstrom bund to me.

Ive had a couple but they are rare

You don't see many clean systems these days , they are either full of cleaner, sludge or a mixture of the two

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back