Powerflush?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
We have new boiler fitted 12 month ago Worcester Bosch 30CDi by the approved Bosch installer with 7 yr guarantee. Bailer has failed us about a week ago during service. Bosch engineer came and replace the pump and indicated that pump has failed due to sludge and recommended powerflush. He have shown me a pump and indeed it was dirty black and water left after in sink was black as well.
Anyway the guy who have made an installation last year advises and promise that the system was cleaned there was X100 used and there is definitely not a sludge problem as he have cleaned Magnaclean during service and it was “not bad” and advised me that the some black water in pump etc is fine and normal.
I have drained a bit of water to test it using simple pH strips and it came up brownish with the pH result of 9+.
Can anyone advise if indeed the symptoms, water and pH result indicate sludge problem and powerflush is definitely required or is it absolutely normal and pup failure was just a pump failure no caused by sludge.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
x100 is not a cleanser it is a corrosion inhibitor and is added to the water AFTER the system water is cleaned to prevent corrosion from occurring but the water has to be cleaned before you add the x100, is there anything that says x800 or x400 was used prior to adding the x100 ?

Yes, in the boiler book i have got written that X800 has been used to clean system.

x800 has form for killing pumps. I would recommend a good mains flush rinse, which will only take around 1-2hrs, just to flush out all the existing water and refill and inhibitor.

Sponsored Links
The X800 was used before the installation of the new boiler about 12 month ago, since then nothing was done.

As said by micky , X800 can take out pumps , in particular Wilo pumps

IMHO any way

Thanks for your advise.

Would it be possible that X800 is still in the system? Even though it was used before new system was installed and then filled with water and X100?

I have spoken with plumber who made the installation and he has assured me that X800 was used before new boiler was installed.

Can anyway advise if that color water, pH reading would indicate that full powerflush is required or as suggested just drain whats in the system and fill up with new clean water and X100?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back