Powerful internal sounders/siren

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Can you guys recommend from experience an extremely loud and effective 12v internal sounder siren with a backup battery if possible, I want something that will really batter your ears and drive someone insane enough for them to leave the property, I have seen the masterblaster which sounds good but only issue is it relies on a mains supply if that goes missing no fun.

So from experience what is the loudest 12v internal sounder you have come across?
In my old property I had an aritech AS256 indoor siren, I wish I took that with me,you may have heard of it? that was a right nasty little bugger I tried searching for it but I can't find it anywhere so it must now be obsolete sadly.

thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Elmdene int 400 series.
120dB
You may find the a few wholesalers still have the external version of the Aritech sounder but will not be cheap

Hunters wholesale still do aritech sounders but they come under the GE Brand now

Hi, I had a look at the suggested series and found the elmdene INT402S, is this one of the sounders you were talking about? Looks like a nice design very similar to my old AS256 but more white and shiny. I imagine 120db indoors will be more than enough to scare someone out the property?.
cheers

Sponsored Links
will this elmdene sounder be enough to scare someone off?
cheers

thought the INT's were 110dB

not that it isn't loud, as it certainly is.

the master blaster is 127 dB but I wouldn't put one inside a house, inside a factory maybe.

thought the INT's were 110dB

not that it isn't loud, as it certainly is.

the master blaster is 127 dB but I wouldn't put one inside a house, inside a factory maybe.
I actually heard a masterblaster go off not that long ago in a bookie shop, it has a masterblaster inside the shop and very impressive,even tho it was inside it was still much louder than the external bellbox so you can imagine how loud it would of been it was outside.

Nah as good as the masterblaster is it relies on a mains supply and has no backup, even if it did have a backup you are right it is probably too overkill for domestic property.
I will give that wee elmdene sounder a try.

lol seen one in a local chippy customer side and a few in domestics with attached garages.

Have to make sure that it doesn't go off when servicing or have ear defenders.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back