Aritech AS256

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI, I used to have the above internal siren on my old house, Does anyone know where I can get these? I'm guessing this is an old sounder because I can't find it anywhere, and system in my old property was a scantronic 9600 with aritech pirs ev 125 I believe, with an elmdene prima 300 and the above sounder aritech as256 was the internal sounder.

The reason I want it so bad is because of the volume it had on it, I have tried plenty of internal sounders including the elmdene int 400 500 and 600 which are 120db and even they don't even come close to the volume the aritech as256 sounder had,they were certainly loud but the aritech siren would drive even the toughest of intruders out the house,the elmdene sounders despite being 120db is just not quite enough to scare someone out the house, as with the as256 it was nearly impossible to be in the same room, I guess its not to surprising as the piezo on as256 was huge it looked similar to the tophat style sounders, I wish I took it with me, damn!

So is there anywhere I can get the aritech as256? or is it long obsolete?
thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

is empty

0 Item(s)
GET QUOTE
MON - FRI 7:30am - 5:30pm SAT 9am - 1pm
(sales enquiries only)
Tel :01628 669124
Nationwide & Int'l delivery service

pixel_trans.gif

MAKE AN ENQUIRY NOW
Please Answer this!!!
what is 4 + 1?

pixel_trans.gif

MANUFACTURERS
pixel_trans.gif

pixel_trans.gif

pixel_trans.gif

WORLDWIDE SHIPPING

pixel_trans.gif

INSTALLATION SERVICE

pixel_trans.gif

LATEST NEWS
08NEW i-on Compact KIT
04KEYS CUT IN SLOUGH
18Check Out Our Exciting Special Offers :)
05Our Office/Warehouse Relocated from 12th February 2013
pixel_trans.gif

pixel_trans.gif

* required

Email Address: *

First Name:

Last Name:

Email Marketing by VerticalResponse
pixel_trans.gif

Give Hunters a call

I gave them a call, no luck, they said it was discontinued years ago, Shame, Why are we doing away with quality things and renewing with modern crap is beyond me? Maybe I will buy a master blaster, I shyed away because it needs a mains supply which can easily be defeated, and klaxon inferno is way above my budget. The aritech AS256 was a proper internal sounder and like I say it was impossible to be in the same room, the elmdene sounders were loud better than other sounders on market which are quite frankly pathetic, I doubt they would scare off a cat, although the elmdene were the best of all they were just not enough to drive someone out the property which I thought was the whole point of a burglar alarm.

Nobody is bothered about sound output anymore as most people use notifications to relay alarm activations....

Sponsored Links
How the times have changed, the good news is I managed to get another prima 300 which works very well, onboard batteries are healthy, just one question for anyone who has used these, me being technical, I measured the current on the prima 300 on a bench test in full alarm and strobe with the battery link connected, the overall current for the prima 300 alone was in the range of 650 to 670ma!, Is this bell box meant to be this power hungry, or could something be faulty, I thought being an elmdene sounder its alarm current would be fairly small around the 250 300ma mark?
cheers

Thanks for clarifying, Not an issue was just curious, It is connected to my scantronic 9600 which I am sure you know is almost bulletproof, I know the 9600 is a very old system and I should get something more modern but tbh its works and has proved reliable, I am yet to see a modern system which will last as long as 30 years, Older scantronics such as the 9600 were built to last as I'm sure you guys know.
thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back