elmdene psu

Sponsored Links
If I knew asking a question would cause this much hassle I would never of bothered.

Last edited:
answer1: your elmdene power supply is rated at 2 amps max it will also provide an extra 500 ma to charge the battery, you do not include this charging current with your total load.

answer2: you should be fine with connecting the additional horn without any problems. do NOT exceed 2 amps, I believe you mentioned 1785ma in which case it will be fine, tbh the current will probably be less in reality.

answer3: I would personally leave one of the bellboxes powered by the panel in which case your prima 300. then leave just the horn and the prima 500 powered from the psu. with regards to your panel current concern don't worry the scantronic 9600 is a tough old bugger with plenty of beef on it you will not harm it, it will take the extra current with ease.

answer4: no

hope this helps

Sponsored Links
AT LAST thank you someone who actually gives kind and helpful advice. where were you at the start you could of saved me the aggro from that unhelpful sparkymarka chap who quite frankly has manners of a pig which is an insult to the pig. thanks again

I would always listen to what sparkmarka has to say, he is a very experienced guy when it comes to alarm systems and has a lot of knowledge.

He may be a little abrupt at times but he knows what he is talking about.

By the way there is no need to be abusive, pot calling kettle black comes to mind.

One last thing if you are still around. it will be best to double up the alarm cores when connecting this additional horn siren. use red and yellow for +ve and black and blue for -ve. , then use the spare green and white for the tamper loop to protect the cable (optional). doubling up the cores will give you a much better connection.

have fun and try not to blow your eardrums:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back