Powering power tools from car

After much procrastination, I finally went for a claimed 1500w, modified sine wave, china inverter for £19. It should be able to give me 500w. I have had good luck over the years with the direct from china stuff. Hopefully, my luck will extend to this. Although, I have scaled back my expectations to only having a jigsaw to work. If it works with anything else, then that's a bonus. The shipping is likely 3 months, or never arrives. If they start a war over there in the mean time, then I will have neither the goods nor the refund.

Sponsored Links
Hmm, if you are that lucky then maybe you should do the lottery too? :)

Hmm, if you are that lucky then maybe you should do the lottery too? :)
I don't mind gambling when shopping and my luck had been extraordinary - the cheap stuff just kept going with an infinite life. Other kind of gambling bores me. Also the results were never good. When I was 16 I gambled on a two horse race and lost. That put me off horses and similar for life.

My luck on the inverter could be out though. Aliexpress removed listings of the model I ordered from all vendors. They haven't cancelled my order yet, but, I might end up with nothing for my trouble.

Sponsored Links
Some electric cars can use the traction battery to power 230V tools. The new model of the Kia Niro EV is supplied with an adapter for this purpose (and can even recharge another car!). It even has a low-power inverter to supply 230V in the back of the car to power laptops etc.

Back