Powermax 155x by-pass timer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My built in programmer/timer stop working. Boiler only works when switch kept to continuous hot water but this option did not provide me with heating. Looking at the wiring diagram I found a solution to by-pass the programmer/timer. I would like your views on this. My solution is on the wiring board connect port 24 (power from always hot water on switch) with port 18 (power to the thermostat). It is my understanding that this will get heating always on but always controlled by my thermostat as long as the switch is kept to hot water continuously. Your views on this would be much appreciated. I got it working and I have not found any issues yet. Note: I have safely disconnected the original wire to the port 18 from the programmer just in case.

Sponsored Links
I will guess a micro switch has failed in your motorised valve, or what ever the boiler uses to ensure it does not run if the valves or pump is not open or running. And personally I would want to correct the real fault.

I found an instruction set which shows the timer connects terminal 27 to terminal 28 for the central heating to work, however I will guess it will not work as I will guess some thing else is wrong, as in the main timers are quite robust and although the clock may fail manually turning it on normally works.

Personally I would find true cause of failure, as bridging random terminals you may well also be bridging safety devices.

I checked everything. All valves etc working. The only issue was that power was not coming to terminal 28 from the programmer. The only thing I did was to send power to the thermostat continuously from the always hot water on switch. Looking at the wiring diagram I do not see why would I affect any safety device. I am just powering the pump if the thermostat ask for heat and the water is not too cold inside the boiler (cold -start). All the safety devices are part of the ignition sequence and I will never touch that. The boiler works and stop firing when hot and I get hot water and heating fine. But please welcome more views. I might miss something

what you have done is fine, but as you already know you will have to leave the hw switched on,The in built programmers on these are stupidly expensive an fail constantly, if you want a permanent fix fit an external 2 channel programmer

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back