PowerPlus weedeater POW60478 tough to pull, doesn't start

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Hi,
I'm looking for tips/recommendations on the following issue:
I have this PowerPlus brush cutter?) POW60478 which is (almost) impossible to pull without hurting myself. It has a small 42,7cc 2-stroke engine

When I remove the spark plug, then I can pull the engine rather smoothly
I have already removed (and re-assembled) the pull mechanism. It seemed fine

I have no idea where to look now.
Any tips are greatly appreciated,

thanks,
ChrisV

Sponsored Links
Oh, yes... and it doesn't start
(thought it might be important to add that :oops:)
chrisV

Hi @lostinthelight
I just gave it a try with the plug cap disconnected and I feel no difference
I can pull the cord but it is super hard and it wants to stop at each compression
I don't know what a "decompression valve" is, but I will ask my friends Google and YouTube
Learning every day :)
any tips are more than welcome,
chrisV

Sponsored Links
Make sure you are holding the machine down on the ground before trying to start, don’t try with the machine at waist height!
John :)

Some high compression engines have a valve and button which when pressed release some of it to make it easier to turn over.Once the engine fires the the valve is closed giving full compression again. question was to eliminate if engine was trying to fire too early

Last edited:
I can’t say I’ve ever seen a decompressor on a brushcutter - chainsaws for sure!
Chris, if you’ve been trying to start the machine for a while, take the plug out, turn the engine upside down and pull the starter cord.....any excess fuel will be blown out.

I can’t say I’ve ever seen a decompressor on a brushcutter - chainsaws for sure!
Chris, if you’ve been trying to start the machine for a while, take the plug out, turn the engine upside down and pull the starter cord.....any excess fuel will be blown out.
I haven't on a brushcutter either but one never knows with this chineese c@rp about.

@Burnerman @lostinthelight
We have a runner !

Hi John,
once more you've hit the bullseye !
Thank you for your good advice. It solved my problem.

I've put the brush-cutter on the ground (the grass), gently put my foot on it and gave it a few pulls
Pulling like that works a lot better, indeed. ... and.. it was "couching" !
(I feel a bit stupid now, I should have Googled for an Instruction Manual first)

After some TLC, the brushcutter started,...
It now starts immediately after 2, max 3 pulls.
Success ! :)

thanks again for the awesome advise
chrisV

Excellent Chris and you are most welcome.
With these two strokes, you have to show them who is the BOSS :ROFLMAO:
Regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back