Poxy

The name monkey pox is being phased out over the next year

So they said in the radio news ?

Afai recall the suggestion was that it had racial innuendos

Some thing like that was mentioned

Eventually the term monkey will be entirely removed from any text books used in schools ect ( May be
:))

Lunatics are taking over the asylum

Sponsored Links
The term black mail will also be banned ???

As will the car mechanical term

Slave cylinder ?? And master cylinder ??

You don't know then?
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
Does anyone else know?
No I don't know, but I'm not making the claim that it has been considered racist.
Why don't you show us who, or how 'monkeypox' is considered racist.
Why is monkeypox a racist name?

Apart from transam obviously. He thinks the world is full of fruitcakes, and that he's one of the few 'cakes' devoid of any 'fruit'.

The name monkey pox is being phased out over the next year

So they said in the radio news ?

Afai recall the suggestion was that it had racial innuendos

Some thing like that was mentioned
Show us.

Sponsored Links
Why is monkeypox a racist name?

You need someone to read the words "negative connotations" to you, and explain that they do not say "racist name"

When did you first notice that you can't read?

The term black mail will also be banned ???

As will the car mechanical term

Slave cylinder ?? And master cylinder ??
Really? Do you think those terms are racist?
Or are you also demonstrating that you don't understand the term 'racist'?

Try reading the first link in the first post in this thread, concentrate on the first paragraph in bold
As it's not remotely related to monkeys, nor does it carry any connotation of racism, I fail to appreciate the need to change the name.

Perhaps you were more easily attracted to the racial connotation or the reference to monkeys.
Do you think it's only those that make some connection between monkeys and non-white ethnicities are responsible for the stigmatizing of the racist connotation?
The official organisation for naming viruses is of the opinion that the term monkeypox is sufficiently removed from any racist connotations to not require it to be renamed.

I do notice that the WHO's reason for a name change is more to do with education of the disease rather than any attempt to correct any stigmatisation.

Maybe it's woody trolling you.

"Monkeypox was first discovered when an outbreak of a pox-like disease occurred in monkeys kept for research in 1958."
From several articles online. The original source (of the disease) is unknown.
Maybe, but it's not limited to monkeys.
Despite being named “monkeypox,” the source of the disease remains unknown.

What about the french lauguage

Le and La

Sexist ??? And discriminates against transsexuals ?

Sponsored Links
Back