PP delay in determination

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

I submitted my plans myself a couple of months ago and the determination date was yesterday, what is the point of having a determination date if they ignore it?
My case officer suggested a date to visit the site, i phoned and she immediately said that she would need to alter the date, she said Friday 10am was OK, Friday morning I'm waiting for her until 10 past then phoned, she had forgotten, when she finally arrived she had a couple of concerns but we could work through them no problem, I sent an email and she just directed me to the planning portal, I've since drawn up new plans but am reluctant to submit them until she says for definite that the original will not be passed.
Should I try emailing her again or wait and see what happens?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Thanks for your advice, I only want a single story kitchen extension on a 1930s semi, she says that it would cause an alcove on the adjoining house as they already have a kitchen extension but I want to take mine to the border incorporating the French doors, there is a couple of others in our small road already done but I am being penalised because of how the nieghbour has built their extension, I was waiting for her to reply to my email which pointed out the properties that are similar, should I give her a nudge regarding these plans which have been passed?

You're not being penalised, the non technical planning term is hard cheese. It's a case of they built theirs first and you have to suck it up. You may not like it but that's the way it is.

Sponsored Links
Is causing an alcove a valid planning concern?

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back